Saturday, May 17, 2008

For Sale

Well, our house is officially on the market. After two weeks of hard work, a lot of paint, and more Clorox wipes than I care to think about, I feel that I can finally relax a bit. Of course, we never would have gotten things ready this quickly without the help of my parents and my in-laws, and there's no way I can repay them for the time, money, and energy they invested in helping us. I can only promise to do the same thing for my girls one day.

It is strange to be sitting down without a feeling of guilt, a nagging sensation that I should be doing something else. It is also strange to have worked so hard to make my house beautiful for other people. Many of the projects we completed were things I had wanted to do from the first day we moved into this house. I will have to just enjoy them during the time we have left here, I suppose, and I will also try to remember not to procrastinate on such things in the future.

Speaking of procrastination, I do still have a few things to do before I go to bed, so I guess that's it for now.

2 comments:

Scott and Julie Davenport said...

Your house looks GREAT, Lesley! All your hard work certainly paid off. Have you guys been schooling all through this time?!? We're praying for a quick sale!

Joanna said...

Thanks, Julie. The girls and I missed a couple of weeks of school, and there was even one week where I didn't have them play their violins at all (the horror)! We're back into a more normal schedule now, though, and hopefully, we'll be done with our schoolwork soon.