It has been so long since I've visited my own blog, I forgot the last post was just after we put our house on the market! Now, here we are in Alabama, and some people we only know slightly are living in the house that we still own (sigh). That's a very weird feeling, but thanks to the grace of God, I am not anxious about it. In fact, since our realtor called to say that the Sawyers were interested in renting and then buying our house, I have had a great sense of calm and relief about it. Hopefully, I can feel the same way about staying in this apartment for four years.
None of the GA/TN/AL Davenports have had great attitudes lately. Hopefully, we're still just adjusting to our various new ways of life, but my patience is starting to run thin with the girls. They probably aren't complaining and disputing a lot more than they did in Chattanooga, but there is no escape from the ruckus. Besides, I am always painfully aware of the fact that our neighbors can likely hear most of our noise (based on the fact that we can also hear them), and I hate being a bother. Suffice to say that my own behavior hasn't been much better than theirs. We recently heard a sermon about God's love and how human love, even that of a parent for a child, will always be a pale imitation, but I pray that God will help me to love my children unselfishly and to be a better mother than I have been.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hey, I just found your blog! I love your look-o-like meters.
We miss you all!
I think it's time for an update on the current whereabouts of the Leyphantics. Rejoin the blogging party, Lesley!
Post a Comment